Our Transfer Station is accessible for businesses to dispose of their waste on an ad-hoc or regular basis. Situated alongside our Avonmouth Reuse and Recycling Centre, you can rest assured that all of your waste will be handled, sorted and recycled correctly.
Maximum recycling volumes
With our modern waste segregation equipment, space and capability to handle large volumes of materials, we are able to recover and recycle as much of your waste as possible. This ensures that maximum recycling levels are achieved.
Whether you want to sort your materials yourselves or leave that job to us, the same recovery and recycling process applies.
Key points to be aware of:
- Open 5 days a week
- Monday – Friday (8am – 4pm)
- You must present a valid Waste Carriers License
- All vehicles of any size accepted
- Most materials and waste streams accepted
- You must wear PPE at all times including steel toe cap boots and hi viz.
How to use the transfer station
- Enter site: Kings Weston Lane, Avonmouth, Bristol, BS11 0YS.
- Drive onto the IN weighbridge where your registration will be entered into the system.
- Arrive at the window and provide us with your Duty of Care/Waste Carriers License. You will also have to reveal what you’re disposing of. This will be logged on the system along with the weight of your vehicle.
- Drive over to the correct trade bay and tip your waste.
- After tipping, return and drive onto the OUT weighbridge.
- When you come back to the window your vehicle will be weighed again.
- Our innovative system will tell our weighbridge operator how much you have tipped and therefore, what the cost is. At this point, you can pay by cash or card. You can also set up an account with us if you are a regular visitor.
- Finally, your Waste Transfer note will be printed and signed by you and our operator.
- Exit site.
What if you items are reusable?
We have a state of the art Reuse Shop on site that regularly saves items from unnecessary disposal. Therefore, if your materials are in working order, are fixable or just need a little TLC, we will divert them from the waste stream and ensure they end up in our shop.
The residents of Bristol are then able to visit and pick up items at a low price, with a percentage of profits raised going to a local Bristol charity.
Other materials that aren’t reusable will be recycled safely and efficiently. Non-recyclable items will be disposed of using our network of local reprocessors.
Get in touch
For more information about our Transfer Station, please email us at: email@example.com or call us on: 0800 061 4321.