Bristol cup recycling
Did you know that every year in the UK we use almost 3 billion paper cups? This is enough to stretch around the world 5 and a half times. However, there can be a way to bring a positive impact from the single-use cups disposed of each week…
Created by Hubbub and Starbucks, the project aims to minimise the number of coffee cups going to waste by recycling them. In 2019, Bristol Waste Company was awarded the opportunity to get involved.
Coffee cup recycling
Bristol businesses can request to be supplied with a coffee cup recycling collection service for their used cups. However, there are also bins around the City for the public to use at their leisure.
We hope that residents and visitors of Bristol will choose to use the cup bins instead of the average disposal bin. In turn, this allows our coffee cups to be recycled into something new rather than thrown away.
How it works
- We supply your business with a clean container for the used cups.
- You fill your container with used single use coffee cups only.
- Once filled, we will collect your container and replace it with a clean one.
- Your coffee cups will then be baled at our Transfer Station in Avonmouth. This ensures that any additional waste is removed.
The recycling process
- Following this, the baled material is then sent to James Cropper Paper for the recycling process.
- On recycling, the plastic is stripped from the fibre and reprocessed. After which, the fibre is reused during the Papermaking and Colourform process.
- The result? The creation of new products! These include stationary, packaging and more coffee cups. All products are fully recyclable and, in some cases, reusable.
How to order
Click here to fill out a contact form and we’ll be in touch to arrange your collection. Frequency will depend on how many coffee cups you collect on site. However, it can be altered at any time and we can advise where needed.
Ready to schedule a collection?
To arrange this coffee cup collection service for your business, please email us directly at: email@example.com or call us on: 0800 061 4321.