Great Bristol Spring Clean results 2023
Hundreds join the Great Bristol Spring Clean
Litter picking proved to be a crowd puller this year, with hundreds of people joining the Great Bristol Spring Clean between 24 March and 21 April 2023.
There was some extra buzz in the air this year as people across Bristol sprang into action to help keep our city looking its best. Last year’s record for the most amount of hours litter picking was smashed as residents ploughed through the 1000-hour barrier.
Let’s check all the results for the 2023 Great Bristol Spring Clean to find out how everybody did:
Great Bristol Spring Clean Results
- You organised 165 litter picking events across the city.
- In total, 602 of you took part in a litter pick, 15 more than last year.
- You spent a total of 1007 hours litter picking, an incredible 309.5 hours more than the previous spring clean.
- You collected a towering 437 bags of litter, 10 more bags than last year.
- In total, we loaned 504 litter picking sticks to both adults and children.
Want to give litter picking a go?
We loan thousands of litter picking sticks, bags and high-viz vests to help everybody get involved. It is the perfect way to meet locals, get a spot of fresh air and notch up a load of steps.
To get involved, join one of over 20 litter picking groups in Bristol or borrow some kit to go out picking with a group of friends. It’s not only residents that can get involved, lots of businesses have signed the Big Tidy pledge and are regularly organising staff litter picks. Even the Bristol Bears kicked off their pledge with one of the largest litter picks yet!
It’s never too late to give litter picking a go. Book your kit and get picking!