Take the Waste Nothing Challenge!
After running two year-long challenges with 150 Bristol households to reduce their waste, we’re extending the invitation to everyone!
We’ve distilled all the knowledge, insights and zero waste hacks from the in-person challenges into 30 emails full of waste reducing, money saving ideas and activities.
30 days, 30 ways to reduce your waste
Receive a daily email with a challenge set by experts to help you reduce how much you throw away. The 30-day email challenge is completely free and as well as guidance from waste and sustainability experts, you’ll also be in with a chance to win some amazing waste-free prizes. As well as exciting prize draws for sustainable goodies, subscribers who complete the challenge could be in with a chance to win a £100 voucher from Yuup
Build sustainable habits through easy-to-follow challenges
Through our previous waste nothing challenges and city-wide behaviour change campaigns we’ve learned that small, everyday changes are the best way to build habits that last. That’s why the Waste Nothing Challenge focuses on simple activities, such as where to store food to make it last longer or how to change up your bathroom routine to cut the plastic.
With challenges written by City To Sea, sustainable stylist Becky Barnes and chef and author Shane Jordan, along with Bristol Waste’s behaviour change and sustainability experts, there’s something for everyone.
Saving the planet doesn’t have to cost the earth
It’s easy to assume that making eco-friendly choices automatically comes with a hefty price tag. But the Waste Nothing Challenge is here to debunk that myth. Our challenge doesn’t just focus on the environment, but on your wallet too, with our experts carefully considering the cost of each challenge they set to prioritise activities that save you money as well as reducing waste.
What people said about previous Waste Nothing Challenges
- “It made me more conscious about exactly how much waste we created, and the challenge offered tangible methods to reduce it.”
- “It was a constant reminder to stay on top of it (otherwise life can sometimes just get in the way).”
- “It made me rethink and think of new ways to reduce waste, finding more cost-effective solutions.”
- “It’s pushed me to take positive steps I might not have taken without the challenge.”
How it works
- Sign up with your email below
- Receive daily emails for the next 30 days, packed with waste-reducing tips and a mini challenge
- Implement the tips and see the change they make to your daily routine
Hear from our 2019 Waste Nothing Challengers
Become a bin detective
The game is afoot! Can you solve the mystery of what could be reused, recycled or reduced? See if you can identify the waste your family are chucking in the bin.
Don’t forget to follow the checklist before you start, and come well prepared to solve the mystery! Every good detective has to have the right equipment before entering the scene. A bin-investigation can be a bit messy, so you’ll need to wear gloves.
Good luck detective!