Autumn Litter Blitz 2021
This year's event will run from 15 October until 15 November 2021.
The litter blitz is on!
Grab your welly boots and your litter pickers and join in the fun, this year’s Autumn Litter Blitz will run from 15th October until 15th November 2021.
Show the great outdoors a little bit of love by cleaning up your local park, riverside walk, or even the footpath by your house.
Last year 77 volunteers took part in 42 litter picks during our Autumn Litter Blitz, collecting 117 bags of litter between them. In total, a whopping 197 hours were spent collecting litter from our city streets, parks and shared spaces.
Litter picking is a great mood-boosting outdoor activity, it also:
- Shows your appreciation for the environment and the outdoor spaces we share.
- Supports your community, especially if you do a litter pick on a street where you live, work or play.
- Inspires others to pick up a litter picker (and to not drop litter in the first place!)
What has changed from last year’s Litter Blitz?
There’s no group size limit this year, it’s up to you whether you pick alone, in small groups, or as part of a larger group or community event. You can refer to our health and safety checklist you need to read and sign as part of the kit hire process.
What do you need to do?
- Decide who you want to litter pick with – you could pick by yourself or as part of a group.
- Decide on a date and place for your litter blitz – think about somewhere that needs a litter bit of love.
- Book your litter picking kit using the form below.
What happens next?
Our community engagement team will be in touch to arrange your kit collection so you have all the tools you need for an amazing (and safe) litter pick. After your litter pick, let us know where to collect the waste from using the litter collection form and return your litter picking kit to us.
Book your Autumn Litter Blitz kit
Book your litter blitz kit
Use this form to reserve your litter picking kit.
Request litter collection
Use this form to tell us where you've left the bags of litter from your litter pick.