Become a Reuse Volunteer
Do you want to help make reuse a success?
We are looking for volunteers to help in our shop!
There’s a range of roles from function testing electrical items to upcycling wooden furniture or helping out on the shop floor, if you think you’ve got a skill you’d like to offer or you’re looking to try something new, we’d love to hear from you.
We can help with any travel expenses as well.
For more details download the job description and to apply please complete the short form below and we will be in touch
We are looking for volunteers to work with us at the Avonmouth Reuse Shop, the following roles are examples of the kind of work volunteers would be undertaking:
It is essential that all the items we sell are checked and tested prior to going into the shop.
In the workshop you will work alongside qualified members of staff to ensure all the items we
sell are in full working order. There may be opportunities to become trained for example in
PAT testing of electrical items.
- Function testing electrical items (TVs, sound equipment, games consoles) which have
been PAT tested
- Checking wooden furniture is structurally sound and carrying out minor repairs
- Checking and cleaning upholstered items to ensure quality for sale
Customer service team
Working in our customer service team will involve daily interactions with the public:
- Helping customers in the shop to find items
- Taking payments and ensuring the shop is well stocked
- Learning practical skills including visual merchandising
- Displaying stock in the Reuse Shop
- Researching items to aid with pricing
Communications and online sales
In addition to the Reuse Shop we have set up an eBay shop selling higher value or more
specialist items. Working in Communications and online sales team will provide a real
opportunity to shape the online presence of the Reuse Shop and to build a following for us
across social media and our website.
- Taking high quality photos for eBay listings
- Writing detailed descriptions for eBay listings
- Promoting the Reuse Shop on social media platforms
- Writing content for our website with updates on the Reuse Shop
Reuse Volunteer – expression of interest
Let us know more about you