Work as Street Cleanser for Bristol Waste
We are looking for Cleansing Operatives that share our vision and values to make Bristol a cleaner and greener place to live and work. This is a key role within our Street Cleansing function; working within the heart of Bristol communities, where you will be an ambassador for the service and for our organisation.
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the industry.
What will I do?
You will work as a Street Cleansing Operative and report to a Driver Team Leader. To improve and maintain the standard of Bristol’s streets, you will have an allocated route to maintain and sweep. Rest assured that full training will be given. It will particularly suit those who enjoy an outdoor and physical role.
Hours and pay
£21,042.17 per annum
39 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Flexible and able to work from any Bristol location
- A passion and desire to improve Bristol’s street scene
- The physical ability to walk for up to four miles a day, lift or carry 10kgs and to push/pull a wheelie bin/barrow of up to 35kgs
- Good communication skills and be able to liaise with colleagues and the public
- Ability to work independently, using your initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in order to safely operate equipment
How do I apply?
Work for Bristol Waste
Are you interested in a career in waste management? Don't miss the many other opportunities that we have featured on our vacancies page.